Relocation is a complicated exercise in coordination. We get local Milwaukee home sellers calling us or submitting their house info on this website every week saying “I’m relocating and need to sell my house in Milwaukee“. The great thing is that we’re able to help a good many of those sellers sell their house quickly (because we’re actively buying houses in Milwaukee Wisconsin right now!).
There’s an insane amount of details to keep together, plus the stress of whatever is making you move in the first place – often it’s a new job or a sick relative, but the true need to move always comes with a dramatic change.
So how do you make the most out of a difficult situation?
Don’t Agonize – Organize.
The worst thing that can happen to you is to find yourself in a situation where you end up having to maintain a vacant house for years, while also paying the bills for it! That ends up being a huge and unnecessary waste of money. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Although the market is relatively stable right now in Milwaukee, you never know when things can change. We’ve heard some serious horror stories over the past couple of decades. Unless you’re filthy rich, you probably can’t afford to wait it out.
So how do you make the right choices when you’re relocating and need to sell your Milwaukee Wisconsin house fast?
Relocating And Need To Sell My House Fast In Milwaukee… Your Options And Steps
- Find out what your house is worth: To do this you can contact a reputable real estate agent or connect with us and we can give you a no cost no obligation valuation on your property. Once you know what the house may be able to sell for in the current market… that sets the basis for how long you may or may not be able / willing to sell the house.
- Decide how fast you need to sell your house after you relocate: This is a biggie. I’ve seen professionals who moved out of state for a job who had their house on the market for over a year before selling it for a much much lower price than they hoped. Decide how fast you need to sell your house… and how long you’re willing to keep making 2 mortgage payments, insurance payments, etc.
- Find a solid real estate agent BEFORE you start packing boxes: You have to be prepared beforehand, so you don’t waste any time without needing to. Every month that you spend waiting costs you money… A lot of it. This means that if you’re relocating and looking for a fast way to sell your house you’ll need to find a real estate agent in advance. Or if you don’t want to use a real estate agent to sell… we are a reputable local house buyer and we’d love to make you a fast-fair all cash offer. Just fill out the form through this link to get started >>
- Calculate the value of selling your house fast vs. “waiting it out” for a dream price: Let’s face it. We all want to sell our houses for as much as possible. However while you think about how much cash you can gain, you are probably forgetting all the money that it costs you to hold on to this house. Just think about the mortgage price, the insurance, taxes, maintenance… For example, ets say you want to sell your house for $200,000, while your mortgage payment is $1,200/mo, taxes $200/mo, $100/mo for insurance, and $100/mo for maintenance (lawn maintenance, repairs while you’re gone, etc.). Those expenses add up to $1,600/mo in “non equity building” expenses. If it takes you 7 months to sell that house through a real estate agent for that $200,000… it cost you $11,200 in DIRECT “holding costs” + you had to pay $12,000 in real estate agent fees (assuming 3% for the buyers agent and 3% for the sellers agent). In total that is $23,200 in LOST money. And that is without taking into the account the value of your time, the amount of stress you’ve had while you’ve waited for that house to sell, the opportunity cost of what you could have been doing with that extra money during those 7 months, etc. So the real cost to you was likely closer to $30,000. And all of that while you could sell your house next week and avoid all of that. Even if you sold for a discount below the retail price (lets say…$175,000), you’re still ahead of the game by selling the house NOW at a discount to a home buyer like our company vs. 7 months later at full price (and paying holding costs and real estate agent fees). The calculations are quite clear.
- Take action!: Whatever you decide – decide and take action. If you want to go the real estate agent route, great! Find a reputable local Milwaukee Wisconsin agent. If you’d rather not have to wait and not have to pay real estate agent commissions… then a viable option may be to sell your house to us 🙂
Of course, f you’ve got a lot of time on your side and a really great property, you might want to test the market by offering it out at a high price. There’s a small chance someone might just fall in love and be willing to overpay – people do crazy things for love.
In reality, most properties are pretty average. They tend to be like the other houses around them, in the same way that people who live near each other tend to have a lot in common too. So unless your property is truly exceptional, as in magazine-quality extra-special, you probably won’t capture the most money in the market by pricing at the highest point.
Another tactic is to market your property for rent and sale at the same time, just to see what happens first. This way, you have money for maintaining the house while you’re moving locations from the tenant’s rent, while also waiting for your house to sell. However, you’ll have to maintain control of the process, which can confuse even seasoned real estate brokers.
In certain situations, we may partner with property owners to help secure lease option agreements where highly qualified purchasers rent the property for an agreed time before buying.
In other cases, we may help renegotiate a loan, help make monthly payments or conduct a short sale with a bank.
We love helping people solve complicated problems.
Creative solutions can bridge the gap to get you where you need to be.
Who Is Sparks Property Investors LLC And How Can We Help You If You’re Relocating And Need To Sell In Milwaukee?
We’re investors. We support our families and beautify neighborhoods by buying houses from Milwaukee home owners who need to sell fast for one reason or another.
The types of sellers who tend to work with us include people who…
- Need to sell fast (we can close in as little as in a matter of days if you need us to)
- Don’t want to hassle with listing a property with an agent
- Don’t want to pay real estate agent fees
- Can’t sell their house for one reason or another (we buy houses in as-is condition)
- … or a variety of other reasons
But we’re passionate people, and we believe in the Milwaukee community.
Wondering house our process works?
We’re honest and straightforward.
We’ll quote you a fair price, and we can close fast with cash.
If you’re prepared to wait and can hire professionals to help, you can manage the sale of your property from a distance. In certain circumstances that risk can pay off.
We’re happy to help you find answers to your toughest questions about your Milwaukee real estate, so please feel free to call us at (262) 288-0580 and chat with us anytime.