Do you need to sell your house fast in Milwaukee? It important that you understand the options available to you. There is more than just one way to sell your Milwaukee home. In this post, we will dive into two of the most popular ways, so you can decide which selling option will be right for you – selling with a real estate agent, or to a real estate investor.
Hiring A Milwaukee Real Estate Agent
You likely know you will have to pay your agent a commission of about 5-6% if they are able to successfully sell your house in Milwaukee. However, there are also a number of other costs that will come into play when listing your house for sale.
- Marketing – A lot of home sellers will require advertisement work that can’t be done by their real estate agent alone. This can include professional photography, premium listings or virtual tours.
- Repairs – No matter in how good condition your house is in, you will most likely still have to fix something. Scraped paint, a leaky faucet, a hole in the wall… There is always something that has to be done.
- Staging – You will always want your home to look its best on MLS. This means that you should take some time to make your house look more appealing, and to declutter at the very least. Whether or not you do this with a professional, it can get costly.
- Holding Costs – This includes your taxes, homeowners insurance, utility bills and maintenance costs. All these expenses don’t end once you list your house. On the contrary, they might even increase during this time as you’ll want everything to be in a tip-top shape.
- Closing Costs – As a home seller, you will usually pay somewhere around 2% of the final sale price toward your closing costs.
- Cleaning – Before your real estate agent lists your home on the market, you will have to clean everything up. Even after the listing, you will still have to keep your property clean until it sells. Keep in mind that this usually requires calling a professional to help you with power washing, carpet cleaning and even a yard clean-up.
That said, working with a real estate agent has the potential to get the highest price possible. Just be sure you have deducted all of the costs mentioned above to be sure listing with an agent in Milwaukee makes sense for you.
When you hire an agent to help you sell your house in Milwaukee, they will shoulder a good portion of the effort that goes into selling. That said, the process will require some of your time and effort as well. For example, you will likely have to spend time…
- Keeping the property clean and ready for those last-minute showings
- Making repairs and upgrades to the property before it hits the MLS
- Marketing the property on sites other than the MLS
- Vacating the property when someone requests to come see it
- Waiting for an offer, hoping you will get your asking price
- Reviewing offers from potential buyers
- Negotiating with potential buyers
- Waiting for the escrow process to be completed
- Dealing with inspectors and appraisers
The worst part is that you could go through all of the above, only to have the sale fall through at the last minute. If you’ve spent any time shopping for homes in the past, you’ll often see properties go pending, only to be relisted when the funding falls through.
One of the most difficult parts of selling your house with an agent in Milwaukee is the unknown. You won’t know if you will get your asking price, when, or if your improvements will provide returns. Not only is this stressful, but it also makes it difficult for you to plan ahead.
Selling To An Investor
It’s no secret that when you sell your house to an investor in Milwaukee, the sale price will not usually be as high as retail. That said, the amount you can save will more than make up for it. Most direct buyers, including Sparks Property Investors LLC buy houses as-is, which means there are no repair costs to worry about. You will also not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or extended closing costs.
In most cases, we are able to close in just a few days, potentially saving you a fortune in holding costs. You won’t have to do a thing other than pack up the items you wish to keep. We will handle everything else, including any items you wish to leave behind. Working with Sparks Property Investors LLC will help you sell your house in less time, offering you convenience and a fair price.
When you consider the time and the money involved with working with a Milwaukee real estate agent vs. selling to a local investor, your idea of how to most efficiently sell your house may change.